CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

I know, I know!!!

It has been way too long! Everybody has been promising to delete me from their friend list if I did not post a new update! Sorry that it has been such long time since I have posted...alot has been going on! Unfortunately, it has not been fun stuff going on! PJ and I have had a hectic summer starting around the last week in May! I am going to write my adventures over several posts, otherwise it will get a little long! Okay, let me start from the beginning!

The lst week in May PJ and I decided to go and watch his nephew at one of his races. His nephew Tyler races dirt bikes! We had a great weekend with his sister's family and almost made it out of their with no problems. One Sunday of that weekend we spent the entire day at the race cheering on all the kids (and adults....I had no idea that even grown men raced dirt bikes). The race ended with his nephew Tyler having to be rushed to the hospital because he was involved in a wreck and they feared he may have injured his knee. Two hours later, we find out that he will be fine...just some bad bruising. Well my nerves were shot and I was hot, tired, and ready to go! Well, at the end of the race anybody can get out on the track and ride around on their bikes and four-wheelers. So, MY husband decides that he wants to ride his nephews bike around for just a few minutes. Now, I know PJ use to race four-wheelers but it had been several years. I immediately said to PJ "Do you think you should get on that thing?" and he looks at me with a crazy look and says "YES!!". He jumped on the bike, threw on the helmet, and gives it a little gas. He gets about 500 feet, the bike goes up on the back wheel, and boom he falls face first into the ground. I don't think I have run so fast in my life. I just knew he had broken his neck!! He jumps up, says he is fine, and gets back on the stupid bike! Of course he gets back on the bike...he has to regain his pride which had been smashed in the ground! He rides around for maybe 3 minutes and returns. He comes up to me and whispers (so no one hears) "I think I broke my finger". I say "Which one?" and he says "My ring finger!" I throw his hand in a cooler full of ice to get his ring off and we jump in the car for our 2 hour ride to the East Alabama Emergency Room . We arrive at 9:30 p.m. After, waiting about 1 hour to see the doctor we are finally called back. The first thing they say is "Oh I hope that your fingernail is totally black". What? Black!!!! Why would you want it to be black...why not its normal color!!!! The doctor procedes to say if it was black then we can jsut DRILL A HOLE IN IT TO LET THE BLOOD SHOOT EVERWHERE TO RELIEVE SOME PRESSURE!!!!!!! Oh no big deal!!!! The doctors are saying this as though they drill holes daily into people fingernails! I am totally grossed out and ill that we are even having to go through this! Why did he even have to go on that stupid bike anyway? They take an x-ray of his finger and then we find out that he has a fracture unlike any they have ever seen. All of these doctors and nurses are standing around looking at the x-ray just talking about how they have never seen this before. Great, give the man a medal and let's go!!!! So he gets a cast, a $205 bill, and off we go! Now, for those of you who don't know PJ uses his hands for his job so you can imagine the amount of work he was able to do the two weeks he had his cast on!!!



Our next adventure begins exactly two weeks later on a Sunday. We had spent the day swimming and grilling out all day. We arrive home around 6:30 that night and PJ says that he is going to lay down because his stomach was hurting. I attributed it to gas and thought nothing of it. About 30 minutes later I hear him in the bath tub, I go check on him and he says that his stomach is still hurting. He gets out and lays back in the bed. I go into the living room to watch t.v. but I am having a hard time hearing my show over his moaning...which he never does. So, at this point I know it must be hurting. He gets back in the bath tub and we are contemplating going back to the ER. It was a hard decision because we had just visited their two weeks earlier and we did not want to pay another ER bill. After numerous phone calls to both mothers, we were in the car racing to the hospital! We arrive at 10:00 p.m. and they take him right on back. We get to see the same sweet doctor from last time who takes time to repremand PJ about not having his cast on his broken finger!! Around 3:30 am, we are admitted to the hospital for PJ to have his appendix removed first thing that morning! Two days later we leave the hospital (which I had seen to much of lately) and head for home, with strict orders that PJ cannot return to work for two weeks! AAHHHHH!!! More time off work!!! All of this fun in a matter of two weeks. People say things happen in threes...wonder what will happen next! Check back and I will fill you in with how the rest of my summer went...on this entry we are only to June 14th!! Hope you enjoyed my rambaling!!!

4 comments:

The Dilworth Family said...

Keep up the good work!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear the rest!!!!!!!!!!!

Chip, Allyson and Karlee Baker said...

Finally a post!! Hope PJ is doing better. We're in much need of a game night to at least have a good ending to the summer.

Molly said...

I am so glad you posted something. Even though none of this stuff is fun to you, it's been quite entertaining to read. Can't wait for the rest!